I’ve been a very lucky guy in regards to blogging. When I started seriously blogging on the now closed MyOpera platform, I quickly ran into some great blogging friends which encouraged my continued output. After a year or two, my output became less prolific due to a few personal issues. During this near hiatus MyOpera closed and a number of us ported our blogs to WordPress. For nearly two years, my posts here were sporadic but during the latter half of 2015 I gave WordPress some effort and have been rewarded with a new collection of great friends again.
That’s my blog history pretty much summed up. 2016 has started with two awards from my fellow bloggers here at WordPress. Earlier this month, I was nominated for the You Are My Sunshine Award. And now, I have been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award by the wonderful Chanel Bailey at The Real Life/ Real Talk. Do check out her blog, it is a great read.
Okay, I had better get to the rules:
- Thank the person that nominated you and include a link to their blog.
- Nominate at least 15 bloggers of your choice. When considering a fellow blogger for the Versatile Blogger Award, keep in mind the quality of their writing, the uniqueness of their subject matter and the level of love displayed on the virtual page.
- Link your nominees and let them know about their nomination.
- Share seven facts about yourself.
I’m a bit of a maverick at times (joking) so I won’t list 15+ bloggers in this post. I would like to nominate all of the blogs in my list to the right of the screen, so please all do take this as a nomination from me. Also, please do visit all of the blogs that I follow.
Anyway, seven facts about me:
- My online names ‘Harry…the man’ and ‘ChartonJeremiah’ are references to two of my favourite bands The Cure and Talking Heads. ‘Harry…the man’ is a reference to a song by The Cure ‘Happy the man’ and Charlton and Jeremiah are the real first names of Talking Heads members Chris Frantz and Jerry Harrison.
EDIT My name actually is Harry which is why some friends originally sang Harry the man whenever Happy The Man was played
- Infamously, I ate tinned cat food at a party after drinking too much. That weekend, my Mum served me up a can of cat food after hearing the story from the sisters hosting the party as they were good friends with my parents.
- I worked at a school for a couple of years. Two of the then school children who I saw pretty much every day were Juno Temple and Cara Delevingne. I didn’t speak much to Cara Delevingne but I can confirm that Juno Temple was, and I imagine still is, a wonderful girl (whenever I was about she was, anyway).
- At Junior School, I played hockey as a team captain in a county meeting. I coincidentally wore the exact same shirt my brother – nine years my senior – wore when he represented the school playing soccer.
- With Yasmin finally calling me Dad, that is one of my two long held parenting goals achieved. The other is to have a daughter who is legally my own child. This will most likely be by adoption if at all.
- I have a few digestion issues aka lactose intolerance and IBS. Both of these are pretty much under control nowadays, but I was tested for bowel cancer a few years back. I was suffering badly mainly from not then knowing how to control the symptoms by taking care of what I ate. For example, this means that I cannot eat brussels sprouts or apples without suffering later on but the juice from either has no effect on me.
- I have a dragonfly wing shaped scar on the inside of my right elbow joint from an accident with an iron when I was a toddler. I was too scared to cry from the pain as I thought my Mum would be angry; and so my Mum didn’t realise about the accident until she went to bath me an hour or so later. Needless to say, she took me straight to the hospital!
You must be logged in to post a comment.