Blogger Recognition Award
31 March 2016
Posted by on
I’ve been nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award by a great blogger who goes by the nickname of Chape. He’s a personal fitness trainer and is a respectful and friendly member of the WordPress community. I am in awe of his incredible mental energy and his genuine interest in everyone that he interacts with on WordPress, Twitter and his YouTube channel. Do yourself a favour and visit his blog.
So, the rules of the Blogger Recognition Award:
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two advice to new bloggers.
- Yep, I’m about to do that, too!
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to.
- If I receive an award I nominate all of my WordPress friends. So, it would make me very happy if all of you would please take this as a nomination from me.
So, how did this blog start? Well, I used to blog at MyOpera until it sadly closed. MyOpera let us export our blogs to other platforms including WordPress and I preserved my former MyOpera blog here. I hoped to make contact with interesting people around the globe and that has been happening ever since I started.
A number of my friends are also former MyOpera bloggers a few of whom rarely blog on WordPress 😦
And, my two little nuggets of advice for new bloggers?
Be polite and friendly to everyone else that you meet online. You will come across a variety of opinions and lifestyles on any blogging platform which may be contrary to yours. Don’t be intolerant of these other lifestyles unless this lifestyle is interfering with other people. Trolling is the pastime of the inadequate.
My other piece of advice is to blog as regularly as you are comfortably able to, and also to visit and comment on the blogs of your blogging friends. I aim to blog on WordPress once per week and I try to comment on every post of the blogs that I follow.